P.º Reding, 22, 24, Málaga-Este
29016 Málaga

The Miramar Hotel, designed by architect Fernando Guerrero Strachan in 1921, was inaugurated in 1926 by King Alfonso XXIII. It was originally called Hotel Príncipe de Asturias, located on La Malagueta neighborhood facing the Mediterranean Sea.

The building is structured around a main patio with a quadrangular geometry. From this floor onwards, the patio is covered by an overhead stained-glass window, which, like the rest of the building, is made with an interesting louvered metal structure made in the La Misericordia furnaces in the industrial stage of the city in the 19th century. The painter Enrique Jaraba and the sculptor Manuel Castaño also collaborated in the ornamentation of the patio, who carried out all the decoration of the interior stone.

Through the years it has served for various proposes, such as its use as a Hospital in the Spanish Civil War of 1936 or later opening as a hotel in 1940 and headquarters of the Palace of Justice in 1987, and finally it was transferred to the Department of Finance of the Junta de Andalucía, which called for a Public Tender in 2008.

The new Gran Hotel Miramar opened in February 2017, being awarded with the International Award “Best Luxury Hotel 2018” as the best Luxury Hotel in Spain.

The new Gran Hotel Miramar recovers an important part of the history of the city of Malaga and its great events, rehabilitating its facade orders and elements of its interesting metal structure, both very damaged by the previous abandonment of the building, as well as its magnificent rooms, recovering designs and original paintings.

How to get there:


C/ Marià Cubí, 4 - Pral | 08006 Barcelona
Avda. Cesar Augusto 3, 8º A-B | 50004 Zaragoza
Tel. +34 932.388.777 | Fax: +34 932.387.488

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


  • Last Update: Monday 06 May 2024, 11:45:09.